Thursday 13 December 2012

More TM than BB / Stila HD Beauty Balm Review | Blogmas Day 9 (Post #12)


BB Creams have been all the rage for awhile now, and I am definitely a big fan. I used to use various Korean BB creams and love them for their light, non-cakey coverage.  Plus I didn't have to worry about colour matching since it did it for me :D Before buying this product, I was on the look out for a light base on more relaxed days, with good ingredients and without nasties.  This one fit the bill and I was keen to try it!


Since my 'Foundation Fail', I pretty much only purchase things if I can get a sample, or at least see it in real life before buying. A lovely girl at the Sydney Mecca store gave me a generous sample and after trying it once, I loved it.  It has such a light consistency that just feels like skin. It doesn't even feel like I'm wearing makeup at all, and that is coming from someone who usually uses lighter-coverage foundations.  It's hydrating and leaves a satin finish on the skin although for me, it really depends on what I've layered underneath.  Its coverage is the halfway house between a tinted moisturiser and a true, Korean BB Cream which was just what I was looking for and is perfect for summer (though Sydney summer is now quite the chameleon :/ )

This is definitely best for someone who wants a light base, as it doesn't quite cover any blemishes. I use a concealer for extra coverage in certain spots, but I really prefer doing that to using a heavy foundation.  I also believe that this can also be used as a primer, but I haven't tried it in that way before.  

The Stila BB Cream unfortunately only comes in one shade, and I think it best fits those with a light to medium skintone.
 

As you can see, it does oxidise a bit, so I do recommend trying this before you buy! I also wore this in my last video if you would like to see it in action!

For a mainstream beauty brand, lots of Stila's products contain natural ingredients without nasties (particularly their newer formulations).  Some of their ingredients list are similar to that of Tarte's, who call themselves a natural brand.  They're also cruelty-free and I believe also have quite eco-friendly packaging so they're a growing favourite brand of mine.  This BB cream contains no mineral oil, propylene glycol, parabens, bha, tetrasodium EDTA etc.  Oh and it lasts well on the skin as well, but most skin makeup will last on my dry akin anyway.

I bought this on Asos with a 20% off discount, so it came down to 21 pounds (I buy in pounds on Asos, it's cheaper than in Aussie dollars!), so for 50mL, I think it's well worth it and will last ages.

Have you tried any of Stila's foundations before? Let me know! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

All scribbles are welcome :)